Good Afternoon All,
I hope you all have had an enjoyable holiday filled with relaxation, time with family, and lots of awesome food. There are a lot of events getting ready to happen, so please read this newsletter in it’s entirety to make sure you are tracking everything.
REHEARSALS FOR THIS WEEK: There are a few rehearsals scheduled for this week.
- Monday, Dec 2nd (HS MARCHING BAND WINDS ONLY): THIS REHEARSAL IS BEING CANCELLED. I WILL DO EVERYTHING I NEED FOR THIS REHEARSAL IN CLASS. PLEASE SEE NOTE BELOW CONCERNING SCHOOL BOARD PERFORMANCE.
- Tuesday, Dec 3rd and Wednesday, Dec 4th (HS PERCUSSIONIST ONLY); 2:30 – 4:30 pm: These rehearsals are in preparation for your performance at Central Cabarrus HS on Thursday, Dec 5th (SEE NOTE BELOW). These rehearsals are required for this performance. This is our only chance to get everyone together to rehearse. If you have an issue with making these rehearsals, I need to know now. (PLEASE NOTE: The rehearsal on December 3rd has been on the calendar since this summer and is also in the syllabus given out at the beginning of the summer. The Dec 4th is an additional rehearsal scheduled since we do not have everyone in the same class. Let me know of any issues!)
CCS NIGHT OF PERCUSSION (HS PERCUSSIONIST ONLY): This is scheduled for December 5th at Central Cabarrus H.S., slotted to start at 7 p.m. This concert will feature percussion groups from around the county. This concert is open to all. All HS percussionist are expected to attend this concert (this has been on the calendar since the summer and was also in everyone’s syllabus that was passed out at the beginning of the semester). Attire for this event will be “Sunday Best.” Preferably shirts and ties for the males, dresses or nice dress slacks and tops for females.
- Call Time: 6:15 p.m. at Central Cabarrus
- Start Time: 7:00 p.m.
- Approximate End Time: 8:30 p.m.
MOUNT PLEASANT CHRISTMAS PARADE: This Saturday is the Mount Pleasant Christmas Parade. All marching band students need to have already eaten prior to arrival. Schedule is as follows:
- Call Time at MPHS: 8:00 a.m.
- Dress/Pack: 8:05 a.m. – 8:45 a.m.
- Load: 8:50 a.m.
- Leave MPHS: 8:55 a.m.
- Arrive at Parade Line Up Point: 9:00 a.m.
- Parade Starts: 11:00 a.m.
- Approximate Arrival Back to School: 1:00 p.m.
- Dismissal: Approximately 1:30 p.m.
PERFORMANCE FOR THE SCHOOL BOARD MEETING ON DECEMBER 9th (HS WINDS ONLY): We will be performing the Star Spangled Banner to kick off the school board meeting on December 9th. The only students involved in this will be HS Wind Players. As I have mentioned already in class, this may not seem like a major deal in our eyes, but this is a big deal. Guesstimated call time will be 5:15 p.m. A more approximate time will be given closer to the date. Attire for this event will be “Sunday Best.” Preferably shirts and ties for the males, dresses or nice dress slacks and tops for females. PLEASE NOTE: This event has been on the calendar since this summer and was also notated in the concert band handbook/syllabus given to all students at the beginning of the semester.
MPHS WIND ENSEMBLE WINTER CONCERT: I have been presented with a wonderful opportunity to attend a conference in Chicago Dec 18th – Dec 21st. Because of this, an adjustment to our concert date has had to be made. The concert has been moved to December 16th (Monday). Start time for this concert will be 7:00 p.m. Call time will be 5:45 p.m. for all HS students. Concert attire is the formal attire that should have been acquired or purchased through the band (please see concert band handbook /syllabus that was sent home at the beginning of the semester for information). Those who have purchased attire should receive their items this week.
Because of this change in the concert date, I have had to adjust our dress rehearsal dates that were originally scheduled. Dress rehearsals are required (please see band handbook; issues with a scheduled rehearsal needs to be discussed with Mr. Lee ASAP). Dress rehearsal dates and times are as follows:
- Dress Rehearsal 1: Wednesday, December 11th; 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Dress Rehearsal 2: Thursday, December 12th; 2:30 – 4:30 p.m.
- Dress Rehearsal 3: Monday, December 16th; During TIGER Time
ANYONE PLANNING TO AUDITION FOR ALL DISTRICT BAND: I need to know NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, DECEMBER 6th if you are planning to audition. Cost of registration is $10.00. Please bring in your money ASAP. If you tell me you are planning to audition and you decide to drop out last minute, you DO NOT GET A REFUND. If you tell me after December 6th that you want to audition, you will have to pay $25.
WINTERGUARD REHEARSALS: Please make sure you are staying up to date with information from Victoria via the BAND app. Rehearsals the next couple of weeks:
- Monday, December 2nd: Varsity and J.V.; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 4th: Varsity; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 5th: J. V.; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 9th: Varsity and J.V.; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 11th: Varsity; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, December 12th: J. V.; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14th: Mini Camp for Varsity; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CALENDAR OF EVENTS: A detailed schedule has been sent weekly all summer long. I have also put all dates for the season on our Cut Time site (www.cuttime.net). This calendar can be accessed at any time. You can also access this calendar through Google Calendars at https://calendar.google.com/calendar? . I highly encourage utilizing your Cut Time accounts to keep up with the happenings of the band. This is where you will get all the details of every event (schedule of events, maps to events, etc.) This is where we will also get volunteers for events. All students will have an account by the end of band camp, and one parent/guardian of each child will have an account that is linked to their student’s account. Any and all parents/guardians can make an account, but at least one of each child is required to have one. This will become our main source of communication so it is imperative that folks gain access.
REQUEST TO BE EXCUSED FROM A REHEARSAL: As discussed in our parent meeting during the first week of band camp, a new method of requesting to be excused from an upcoming rehearsal has been developed. From here on out, please utilize the following link (https://forms.gle/XkTBbUZfdKzBDzjQ6) to request for an excused absence from a rehearsal. Please read the band handbook in concern of the policy for excused/unexcused absences. All requests for an excused absence for an upcoming rehearsal needs to be submitted 48 hours in advance (with exceptions of extreme emergency circumstances). This will eventually be made available on the band’s website.
DONATIONS FOR EQUIPMENT: An updated list of needs will be going out really soon. Both, the middle and high school, have needs that need to be addressed. Please consider helping us out with these items when the list goes out.
As always, I am so appreciative of all you do. Any little thing helps, so if you are willing to help, please let me know. Receipts for tax purposes can be done for your tax records.
As always, any questions, concerns, etc. can be brought to my attention at any time. Feel free to e-mail me at email@example.com .
Keith J. Lee
Director of Bands
Mount Pleasant High School
Office Phone: 704.260.6690 ext. 76707
Cell Phone: 704.224.4695
Address: 700 Walker Road, Mount Pleasant, NC 28124-9596