Good Evening All,
I hope you all are doing well and that you have all had a wonderful winter break. Lots of things are getting ready to happen over the next several weeks. Please read this carefully and stay attentive to your e-mail.
BAND BOOSTER MEETING: Next scheduled band booster meeting is scheduled for 7 January at 6:30 p.m. Please make arrangements to come. Tendency is to have low attendance during the winter months. I would love to see a change in that trend.
ANYONE PLANNING TO AUDTION FOR ALL DISTRICT BAND: By this point, if you are planning to audition, you should have already let me know. If you have not let me know this, you are late and the cost to register is higher for you. Late registrations are $25 at this point. For those who have let me know that they were planning to audition, the date of the auditions is this Saturday, January 11th.
Schedule for All District Auditions:
- Report to MPHS: 6:50 a.m.
- Leave MPHS: 7:00 a.m.
- Arrive to Porter Ridge HS: 8:00 a.m.
- Registration: 8:00 a.m.
- Auditions Start By: 10:00 a.m.
- Approximate Return to MPHS: 4:00 p.m.; this time cannot be determined until students leave the audition site. This is dependent on how long auditions take.
Any student who requested to be registered is responsible for the fee, whether they attend the auditions are not.
WINTERGUARD REHEARSALS: Please make sure you are staying up to date with information from Victoria via the BAND app. Rehearsals the next couple of weeks:
- Monday, January 6th: Varsity and J.Varsity; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 8th: Varsity; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, January 9th: J. Varsity; 4:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, January 11th: Mini Camp for Varsity; 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
CONDOLENCES: Please keep Victoria Chandler’s family in your thoughts and prayers. Her grandmother passed away on Friday, 3 January. Arrangements are as follows:
Gayle Rice Posey
3101 Cline School Road, Concord, on Thursday, 9 Jan 2019
Visitation: 12:00 to 1:45 p.m. prior to the service
Funeral Service: 2 p.m.
Cemetery will follow the service at Cabarrus Gardens.
Lady’s Funeral Home is in charge of supporting the family.