We are quickly approaching our halfway mark to the end of the 2020-21 school year. Time is quickly flying by!
Here is the information for 3/22-3/26:
Third Quarter ends on March 25, 2021.
Playing Inside the Classroom:
As of Friday March 19, 2021 CCS is allowing wind musicians playing inside the classroom. Still following COVID guidelines, wearing a musician’s mask as well as a bell cover, students will be able to play indoors while physically distanced 8 feet in front and side to side away from one another. Students will be expected to bring their instruments and play in class starting this Monday, March 22. I have already measured out each seat to ensure that we are following the guidelines as made known to me.
I am extremely excited about this opportunity to rehearse as a group together! Students will be expected to wear their gray Conn-Selmer masks at all times. There will be no exceptions made to this rule.
As always, if there are any questions or concerns please feel free to reach out to me.
Spring Break is quickly approaching as it is April 2-9, 2021. There will be no band activities during this time.
Students and parents should have received information from Mount Pleasant High School about returning to Plan A after spring break on April 13, 2021. Make sure your students fill out their intent to either stay virtual or return to school before the deadline.
The weather seems to be more cooperative this week with outdoor rehearsals! Marching Band will resume it’s Tuesday/Thursday rehearsal schedule from 4-5 pm in preparation for our final football game performance on March 26, 2021. Below you will find the schedule for game day Kick off is scheduled an hour later than last week!!! Note the time changes!
Logistics for Friday (3/26/2021) Night’s football .
- What to WEAR:
- Blue Jeans
- MP Band T-Shirt (What you wore last time)
- A light jacket, in case it gets chilly.
- What to BRING:
- Extra snack
- Instrument/flip folder
- Musician masks/bell cover
- 5:30 pm: Arrive in band room for temperature checks. EAT A MEAL BEFORE COMING.
- 5:40 pm: Begin warm up/rehearsal before performance.
- 6:30 pm: Band traverses to stadium with instruments. Percussionists move with drums and stands.
- 7 pm: Sit in stands eat a snack if you have one.
- 7:15 pm: Short warm up
- 7:30 pm: Game Starts
- 9:00 pm(ish): Halftime. Students eat snacks/water provided by Boosters.
- 10:30 pm(ish): Pack up equipment and dismiss from Band Room.
- Students must wear masks at all times. This is a CCS mandated guidelines that will be strictly enforced throughout the MP Band.
- Why are we not wearing uniforms?
- With the quick turn around for the approval of our participation at football games and rehearsals there has not been an adequate amount of time to distribute uniforms. We will be wearing uniforms for a typical Marching Band season.
- Why are we not getting fed a meal?
- With Friday being asynchronous it would be most time efficient to eat a meal before our call time.
If there are any changes to the schedule or times a Remind message and email will be sent out as soon as the information is made known to me.
As always if there are any questions or concerns with the information above please do not hesitate to reach out to me by email or the band phone.
I hope you have a great week!