Message from Mr. Lee, December 10, 2018

Good Evening All,

Hope everyone is doing well and you are safe and warm from Snowmaggedon 2018. As I am sure you are aware of, school has been called off for tomorrow for all students. Where does this leave us for the Winter Concert? Here are a couple of scenarios:

-SCENARIO 1: If we are back in school on Wednesday (either full day or on a delay), we will still have the concert on Thursday. We will have an after school rehearsal on Wednesday. I will also want to have a rehearsal after school on Thursday (just before our concert) to do a full run. I would recommend all students bring their concert attire to school on Thursday. We will be done at approximately 4:30 or 5:00 p.m. At this time, I will arrange to have pizza delivered to the school. Students will eat, dress, and prepare for the concert. Start time will still be 7:00 p.m. If we rehearse on Wednesday and things seem to be good to go, then I will forego a run through rehearsal on Thursday. If that is the case, call time will be 5:45 p.m. (dinner on your own). I would plan to have the rehearsal after school on Thursday……..

-SCENARIO 2: If we do not have school on Wednesday, we will look at moving the concert to Monday night. The middle school will also be having their concert that night, unfortunately. This would be the best solution in the event school’s cancelled on Thursday, though. We will have to have an after school rehearsal Thursday (3-5 p.m.) and we will have to do a run through rehearsal on Monday after school. If we have to do this, students will need to bring their concert attire to school. We will rehearse until approximately 5:00 p.m. We will arrange to feed the kids pizza, they will dress and we will begin the concert at 7:00 p.m.

As before when we have had bad weather, I ask that you be flexible and professional. We, unfortunately, can’t fight Mother Nature. With the hard work you have done this past month, I still want to give you the opportunity to perform. It is important.

I am hoping we can get this in Thursday night. I am hopeful we can, but it will be very dependent on how much melting we can get on the lovely backroads of our community. STAY TUNED TO E-MAIL AND FACEBOOK FOR UPDATES!!!

On another note: I am super appreciative of all of you that helped to make the mattress fundraiser a success. With weather a factor, I believe we still did well given the circumstances. I thank you all for your help and appreciate everything you did in my absence!!! Special thanks to Mr. Grush and the band parents that came out!!! I owe you!